04 December 2012

LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

Liberty Light   Finally, I've gotten through writing up Stephe's Artist Series.  I don't even know if they are still available, so why does Stephe want me to type these up?  Just a sec.  I'll go ask him.

Okay, so apparently it doesn't matter that much.  As in, it's fine that it's late. It would've been better if I'd've  promoted the designs while they were actually at stores, but probably someone else has taken care of that and this site is really more about cataloging the designs rather.  But, next time, I should sit on this stuff, so long..... story of my life.

Anyways, this design is my favorite of all of them. Have I said that before? I hope not.  There's something that just seems really old about this one.  I like the pose and expression and everything.  And the colors are pretty cool too.  I would probably even wear this one.  Sure it's a little loud. But every once in  a while you need a loud shirt, right.  I also think the halftone pattern would feel really cool if it were printed kind of thickly.

  I know everyone is asking, "So Eddie, what did you do on this one?" And the answer is..... nothing. I was out of town.  The only thing i remember is looking at the reference material and then coming back to teckpack the finished design.  Maybe that's why I like it so much. (sketches and stuff after the link)
  I've heard it said, and I certainly agree, that illustrators start to dislike anything that they work on.  By the time it's done, you've spent soo much time correcting flaws that you don't  want to look at the thing any more.  With this one, I didn't get a chance to get sick of it.

BTW: the references were a bunch of really old comics with names like "Strange Tales" and old Flash Gordon style stuff.  From the look of things, Stephe didn't get a chance to get sick of this graphic either.  the sketch and the finish are almost exactly the same.

Well that's it for this one.   I still have a bunch of stuff to type up and catalog on this blog.  And since Stephe is sort of winding down for the holidays, I'll have plenty of time to write.

Eddie
(the intern/assistant)

Get it. (turn out the lights??) hehehe

No comments: